IP Camera Hosting For Employee Monitoring
According to the rules and regulations set forth by the government, every employee is a potential threat to sensitive data. For this reason, the deployment of camera surveillance in the workplace is on the rise.
Today, the options employers have available to them are quite plentiful, but not all fall in line the shrinking budgets the recession left behind. However, there are worthy alternatives, and IP surveillance camera hosting is turning out to be one of the best of them all. By deploying such a system, employers can effectively meet their needs in terms of both cost and security.
Advantages of Hosted IP Cameras
There are many advantages employers can see from integrating a hosted IP camera system in the workplace. These advantages include, but are not limited to the following:
- Better overall safety – When enlisting the services of a reputable provider, hosted surveillance system can greatly enhance the safety of not only employers and employees, but the entire work site as well. This is because the system can be easily set up to monitor areas both inside and outside of the building.
- Crime and loss prevention – IP-based surveillance systems are also effective at deterring thieves and vandals. In fact, more employers are having great success in using them as a method to combat crime. If troublemakers know that they are being watched, they are far less likely to destroy property or steal. The same holds true for employees, making this type of security system a powerful weapon in the fight against inventory shrinkage.
- Increased productivity – Similar to how it can deter criminals, a comprehensive security solution can prevent employees from engaging in questionable activities on the job as well. If workers know their actions are being monitored, they are more likely to focus on the task at hand, which is being productive in their job. When employees are focused and on their best behavior, it tends to result in increased productivity. This is definitely a positive boost for the company.
- Powerful evidence – The footage captured by an IP surveillance camera hosting system makes it possible to catch employees in the act should they commit a crime in the workplace. When the time comes to take legal action, the tangible evidence brought to the prosecution could prove invaluable, enabling the employer to cut their losses and retain credibility.
Tips For Employers
IP surveillance camera hosting makes a viable option for employee monitoring, but like all security systems, it is important to implement the system wisely. The following tips will help employers stay on the favorable side of the law when implementing their systems:
- Clearly defined what activities are illegal, prohibited or otherwise unacceptable in the workplace.
- Notify all employees why they are being monitored.
- Explain to workers that the surveillance monitoring system is implemented to protect all parties involved, including them.
- Set polices for employees to follow and determine reasonable consequences for violations.
Today’s IP surveillance camera hosting is a smart solution to protect your business and boost your productivity – all while being incredibly budget-friendly.